Who are we ?
Volta Medical is a young innovative start-up in the south of France, aimed at creating and bringing to the market AI software products to help cardiologists during heart surgeries.
We are a team of HEC and Ecole Polytechnique graduates, as well as world-renowned cardiologists from France and the US working in a great environment in order to make difference in the health market. Our main product is a therapeutic solution using a data-driven approach for treating AF based on the analysis of intracardiac signals. This solution builds on artificial intelligence approaches to gain insight into innovative therapies for AF and represents one of the first fully AI-guided successful surgical procedures, serving as a revolutionary step in the field of AI.
We started this adventure 5 years ago and there are now almost 50 employees! We raised a $31 M Series A round in November 2020 led by Gilde Healthcare (Largest Healthcare VC in Europe).
At Volta Medical we believe in maintaining high standards, agility and proactivity in our work. We have an enthusiastic, multicultural team, embracing diversity and gender balance at the workplace.
Volta Medical is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to be part of our R&D team. Strong technical background and experience in AI for health applications are essential in this role.
You will be part of a technical team of around 13 people (8 Developers and 5 Data Scientists). In this context, you will:
➔ Formulate, suggest and manage data driven projects according to business priorities
➔ Communicate technology strategy to partners and investors
➔ Build state of the art machine learning algorithms to be used in the operating room (EP Lab)
➔ Contribute to the development of data collecting tools suited to the constraints of
the health domain.
➔ Produce regulatory documents required for the clearance /
approval of the developed algorithms.
➔ Produce code of high quality (coding guidelines, unit tests, etc.)
➔ Participate in scientific congresses
– Graduate from a master’s / engineering school (BAC + 5), in mathematics, physics, data
science or statistics,
– 5-10 years of experience in Machine Learning R&D projects
Managerial, strategic and soft skills
– Problem-solving aptitude
– Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
– Team player attitude
– Supervision and mentoring skills
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent organizational and time-management skills
– Aware of recent developments of AI / ML research
– Excellent academic level in machine learning (mathematical and algorithmic background,
good practices in ML, Deep learning, Classical machine learning algorithms, Signal processing, etc …)
– Good background in SW Engineering practices, Agile methodology
– Python (PyTorch, Tensorboard, Pandas, numpy, asyncio, Pytest, scikit-learn, XGBoost, etc…)
– GIT, Docker, Linux
– Very good level in English
These skills are not required but would be appreciated:
– Advanced knowledge in computer science (sockets, multi-threading, GPU, etc …)
– Code optimization in python (Numba / Cython)
– Lower level computer language knowledge (C, Assembly, etc…)
– Experience in scientific publications & patents
Why should you join?
AI is supposed to revolutionize healthcare in the coming years and we are at the forefront of this revolution. You will get the opportunity to understand the systemic challenges and the areas of impact that AI can have in healthcare, while working with a highly diverse, motivated and experienced team.
You will also get the opportunity to experience the Mediterranean lifestyle, which is especially great if you enjoy nature and the sea!
The position is on a full-time CDI, “cadre” status, based in Marseille 6th.