Tech Lead - Java/Cloud- France Remote
Are you ready to become a Talendian?
Established in 2005, our mission is to change how the world makes decisions by giving organizations the tools to integrate, cleanse, and analyze data from any location, size, or format.
Talend’s platform enables our customers to connect & transform data across on-premise, cloud, and big data platforms. Giving decision-makers the data they need, can understand, and trust instantly.
We are looking for a Senior Back-End developer for the development team of the Talend Data Governance Platform team. This team provides all necessary services to support Talend's product requirements. All these services must comply with the expected 99.9% SLA requirement.
The ideal candidate should be well-versed with the entire software development lifecycle from development to production monitoring. We are looking for a skilled engineer comfortable with Java, Scala, Docker & Kubernetes but also experienced in debugging distributed systems. Apart from possessing strong technical skills, the candidate should show a strong bias for action. He should be open-minded and comfortable with the motto: "You design it, you build it, you operate it".
- Identify tactical and long-term product improvements (could be code, script or documentation related)
- Collaborating with other team members in investigating and resolving technical or performance issues and performing root cause analysis
- Lead and contribute to the implementation of improvements (could be code, scripts, configuration)
- Production support (working hours)
- Evangelization of dev and QA team about production support best practices
- Maintaining technical documentation
Skills and experience
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- At least around 2 years of practical experience in Java software development
- Knowledge In-depth knowledge and practical experience in Linux and Docker
- Ability to communicate smoothly, effectively, and clearly in English, both verbally and in writing.
- First experience with a public cloud platform such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure
- Self-learner, active technology watch
Nice to have
- Experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Prometheus
- Experience in working within a distributed & international agile team environment
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with Kubernetes
More great reasons to join Talend:
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
“We love what we do and we do what we love”... do you?
- Remote first policy - giving majority of employees flexibly of working from home.
- Monthly remote stipend for all employees.
- Annual week shutdown in August – giving one full extra week paid time off for all employees.
- Learning and development access – learn new skills on one of our L&D platforms.
- Career development – access first to all our opportunities for your career growth.
- Virtual and in person gatherings
- Annual bonus – owning your own slice of Talend’s growth. (*non commissioned roles)
- Named a Leader for Data Integration & Data Quality Tools by Gartner (6 years in a row)
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Data Fabric (2nd year in a row)
- Top 100 best Leadership teams, compensation, benefits, and Diversity 2022 by Comparably.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us via email to request an accommodation at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate your interest in Talend.
We do not accept any unsolicited applications from third parties. For our current agency policy please check here
Engineering and R&D – Data Governance Platform /